Macedonia sport museum
Museum of Macedonia - a collection of physical culture related museum items
Within the study of the overall historical development of the Macedonian nation and minorities in the state, a special space is set for the physical culture at the Section of History of the Museum of Macedonia. This approach is completely consistent with the museum methods for research, identification, listing, overtaking, processing, keeping and occasional display of the items and publication of materials.
The Museum Collection of Physical Culture was set up in 1986. The total number of items is about 5,000. The most ancient ones date from the end of the 19th century, while their greatest number are from the period after the Second World War.
The following thematic exhibitions have been staged:
- Development of the Wrestling in Macedonia (1986, Skopje)
- Physical Culture and the Sport in the Socialist Republic of Macedonia (1987, Skopje)
- Wrestling in Macedonia (1987, Probistip)
- 40 Years of Handball in the Socialist Republic of Macedonia (1988, Skopje)
- Historical Development of the Physical Culture in the city of Kocani (1990/91, Kocani)
- From Athens 1896 to Athens 1996 (1996, Skopje)